How to Choose a Wedding Venue?
8 Steps to Choosing the Perfect Wedding Venue
Getting married is an incredibly exciting time. There’s no other feeling like it. But, before you can just enjoy your lives together, you must first plan a wedding. One of the most crucial parts of your wedding planning is finding a venue that fits all of your needs.
To help guide you through this process, here’s a list that’s going to take you step-by-step so you can find your perfect venue.
1. Figure out how much you’re willing to spend. This is otherwise known as the dreaded budget. Knowing what’s in your price range and how much you’re looking to spend will help ease you though the entire process.
2. Write down everything you need. Know exactly what you are looking for in a venue and then start your search. While the perfect venue is out there, know that you may have to compromise on a few of your wishes.
3. Start calling and researching venues. Start by visiting websites, considering things like location, capacity, availability, layout, rates, restrictions, parking, catering etc. It’s a great idea to make some sort of spreadsheet to keep information from different venues organized this way you can easily compare them.
4. Review. Take a look at all of your options and see if there are a few you can eliminate now.
5. Pick your top venue locations. This may be a couple or several depending on where you’re looking and what you’re looking for exactly. If possible see as many of your favorites in person. This is the only way to know for sure if it’s the spot for you.
6. Take pictures and notes. While you’re at these venues be sure to take plenty of pictures and mental notes (or actual notes if necessary) so you will have them to compare after visiting all of your locations.
7. Negotiate. Some venues may be willing to negotiate on their prices so it never hurts to ask. However, if the venue is in high demand understand that you are more likely to have to pay full price. You also want to be careful to never lowball venues or they may be offended and be less likely to play nice.
8. Weigh your options and go with your gut. Pick the venue that you believe will suit you best and book it.
Congratulations! You’ve now completed one of the toughest parts of your wedding planning. Now that you’ve got your location, you’ll see that everything else will start falling into place. Your wedding day really is going to be perfect!
Mitzuyan can cater kosher cuisine to any wedding venue in Toronto because of its kosher mobile kosher kitchen.