Catered Classic Kosher Menu
What makes something classic? High-quality and long-lasting come to mind.
The same applies to classic kosher foods. And while we are extremely proud of our far-reaching menus, we also respect the traditions that make kosher cuisine classic and appreciated generation after generation. We kept these characteristics in mind when we created our classic kosher menu, which features the foods cherished by the Jewish community around the world. We present it in a newer, stylish manner that preserves those great flavours, and added in some world cuisine along the way.
Meet our Classic Kosher Menu
This is a dinner menu for a big celebration, like a Bat or Bar Mitzvah, a wedding, or Bubbe and Zayde’s landmark anniversary.
Let’s start with eight hor d’oeuvres for guests to sample. We prepare hot or cold appetizers, inspired by different cuisines from around the world. Here are a few:
- Argentine-style empanadas
- Indian satays and samosas
- East Asian stables like dim sum and tempura
- Even Florida, as in South Beach Crab Cakes
Contact us using the form on this page and we’ll share the full monty of appetizers with you.
You and your guests will be seated at tables (a dais for the wedding couple if desired) decked out with beautiful linen and elegant flatware, china, and glassware. An artisan bread basket is on each table, as well as mezze (Middle Eastern) dips of hummus and tahini, black olive tapenade, and fire-roasted eggplant salad.
Guests are offered a choice of three starters:
- Mixed green salad with wild mushrooms topped with balsamic vinaigrette and Yukon Gold potato and leek soup
- Baby arugula and mixed green salad with honey tarragon dressing and maple butternut squash soup with roasted pear
- Teriyaki glazed salmon on a bed of angel hair pasta with Asian dressing
Once starter plates are cleared, we will serve a duo entrée of chicken forestiére—stuffed roasted chicken with a mushroom sauce—and a fillet of beef in red wine reduction, accompanied with a medley of vegetables and potatoes.
Our desserts are not an afterthought. They are as carefully planned as the rest of our classic kosher menu. (You can assure Tante Molly that everything is kosher. A Mashgeach is supervising.) You and your guests will be offered four desserts to choose from, prepared fresh with top-notch ingredients to complement the other fare.
- Trio of homemade gelato with fresh fruit
- Crème brûlée with fresh berry coulis
- Chocolate trio of mousse, filled pastry, and fruit dipped in—chocolate! (it is a chocolate trio)
- Chocolate molten cake with wine-poached pear in dark chocolate sauce (because dark chocolate is good for your health)
Guests are offered unlimited soft drinks and juices throughout the event. Coffee and tea are served at each table with dessert.
Top it Off with a Late Night Sweet Table
Guests who linger to the end of the event have another treat: our sweet table. Because is it really a party without a final nosh on something sweet? Guests can sample a few sweeties from this list:
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Petite fors
- Assorted cake pops
- Mini dessert shooters
You decide on which to feature: a chocolate fondue station or a funnel cake station. (It might be helpful to survey how many chocoholics plan to attend!)
All Kosher Catering Prepared Onsite
We should mention that all our food is prepared onsite, in our mobile kitchen that’s inspected and certified by COR, the Kashruth Council of Canada. You can’t get kosher catering any fresher than ours. And if the event is a wedding, yours is the only one we will be working that day. No other caterer in Toronto does this.
- Please note that menu items may be subject to change based on seasonal availability of certain foods