Potato Cheese Bake
From Cooking. Nytimes
Spinach, blueberry and goat cheese salad
Spinach and chees Borekas
Scallion and Celery Quiche by Martha Shulman
Kasha Varnishkes by Mark Bittman
Green Tomato Fritta by Martha Shulman
Chocolate Apricot Babka by Joan Nathan
Sweet Millet Kugel with Dried Apricots and Raisins by Martha Shulman
Form the Post Gazette
Sephardic Sesame Rings
Breaking the fast, Sephardi style
AVGOLEMONO (Egg and Lemon Soup)
BESCE ALL’EBRAICA (Fish, Jewish Style, from Italy)
DJADJA ZETOON (Moroccan-Style Lemon Chicken with Olives)
ZUCCA DISFATTA (Pumpkin Puree)
From Joy of Vegan
Best Vegan Recipe for Ruggalach
from The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
1 cup non-dairy butter
1 package non-dairy cream cheese
2 cups organic all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup non-dairy sour cream
1/4 cup granulated organic sugar
1 tbsp. ground organic cinnamon
1 tsp. ground organic nutmeg
1 tsp. ground organic ginger
1 cup walnuts, chopped finely
1/2 cup raisins, chopped finely
1 cup organic strawberry jam
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Use a food processor or mixer to combine the butter, cream cheese, flour, salt, and sour cream.
3) Shape crumbly dough into 4 pieces and roll into flattened balls, and then chill each in plastic wrap for at least 2 hours.
4) Combine the walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg ginger and raisins in a bowl and set aside.
5) Flour your counter top and roll each of the dough balls into a 9-inch circle, and then spread the jam on each circle.
6) Divide the sugar, walnut, and raisin mixture evenly among the dough circles and press it lightly into the jam to stick.
7) Cut the dough like a pizza into 12 even slices.
8) Roll the wedges from the wide end to the small point and place the roll-up with the point side down on a cookie sheet.
9) Bake for 22 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Cool.
Mitzuyan is not your traditional kosher catering Toronto company. We close down during the high holiday season to visit our family and friends in Israel.