Creating a candy display station or buffet for your wedding, bar-bat mitzvahs, birthday parties or any type of event is a wonderful idea. Your guests will love it.
Candy provides a rainbow of colors which can be used to create a “WOW” factor. They come in a variety of shapes and colours and there is no end to the flavours which you can buy.
You should keep the following points in mind when designing a candy table:
- Use a variety of sizes, shapes and colours. Don’t just use on type of shape, size and colour. Make it exciting.
- All candy displays should have elevation. A one level display will be boring and have no impact. Use different height levels with the aid of commercial display stands. Create your own height levels by using different objects such as books or milk crates and place them underneath your table cloth to achieve height.
- Do not use the same type of jars or containers to place the candy. Use tall ones, short ones, square ones, round ones, or odd shaped ones. Remember boring equates to uniformity.
- If your party has a theme, try to purchase candies in the same colours. If there is no colour theme, purchase candies with three or four colours for the best impact.
- If you are buying packaged candy for each individual, buy different sizes and shapes
- All loose candy which you buy in bulk should be placed in containers which are different in size and shape.
- Try to create different zones of display on a table such as a top zone, a middle zone and flat bottom zone. Elevation creates impact.
- Linens for the table and a backdrop are also important elements to keep in mind.
- All candy purchased should be fresh, inspect all your purchases carefully.
- The amount of candy you have to purchase varies, but a general rule of thumb is to buy 6 ounces per person. For 100 people, you would need 600 ounces or roughly 40 pounds. Remember variety is your mantra.
- It is very important to consider allergies and dietary restrictions. The most common type are peanut allergies.
- You have to make sure that all your purchases are KOSHER.